August 20, 2020
In addition, please see below for the daily COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire for Early Learning Childcare Facilities and Summer Camps
For more information, please visit: https://www.nbed.nb.ca/parentportal/en/home/daycarecovidresources/
June 24, 2020
For information on the 2020 Summer Reading Club, please visit https://www1.gnb.ca/0003/src=cle/2020/en/index-e.asp
June 18, 2020
May 13, 2020
May 13, 2020
May 10, 2020
Parent Subsidy Information
• Parents with children who do not return to childcare and reactivate their benefits prior to June 30, 2020 will be terminated and will be required to reapply for benefits when childcare is required, consistent with previous policies.
• Parents who have experienced an increase or a decrease of $5000 or more, or 10% of their gross annual household income, can submit an Amendment Form to SNB to request a recalculation of their benefits.
Day Care Assistance Program
• Parents approved for the Daycare Assistance Program will be required to contact their case manager at Social Development by June 30th.
• They will be asked to confirm the childcare facility they are returning to, return date, and confirmation of eligibility (school / employment).
• Parents with children who do not return to childcare and reactivate their benefits prior to June 30, 2020 will be terminated.
• Parents who have experienced a change in household income are required to contact their case manager to report their income.
April 27, 2020
Family changes from a global pandemic research survey
April 22, 2020
April 15, 2020
Work from Home Ideas
- Reading a book-This engaging quiet activity is perfect for toddlers of any age. Reading will keep your toddler occupied and quiet while you work.
- · Set up an imagination station-To get your toddler interested in reading a book create an imagination station. Add a bright and colorful small reading table and chair. Decorate a small space with bright posters of their favorite characters. Add some big, plastic colorful blocks with letters and numbers. Fill a colorful basket with several of their favorite books.
- · Pick books age appropriate-Pick books that are easy for your toddler to read. For toddlers ages 1 to 2, pictures books are best. For older toddlers ages 3 to 4, easy to read books are the best. Always let your toddler choose a book they want to read.
- · Add reading to the schedule-Toddlers are very active. For work at home parents, getting a toddler to be still takes a schedule. Include a block of time for reading. Depending on your toddler’s age, ten to fifteen minutes will keep your toddler engaged and quiet.
- Arts and Crafts-Arts and crafts is one of the best solutions for a quiet toddler activity. Arts and crafts will keep your toddler entertained and busy while you work.
- · Set up an art station-Toddlers love to draw and create. Set up an art station with a colorful, sturdy table. Add colorful bins filled with age appropriate art supplies.
- · Art-Toddlers love to color and draw. This fun quiet activity is perfect for little ones. For younger toddlers, crayons and washable markers are the best option for drawing on colorful sheets of durable art paper or their favorite character coloring book. For older toddlers, crayons, washable markers, or even colored pencils are great for your little Picasso.
- · Crafts-Toddlers love to make things. Let their imagination run wild with this fun quite activity. For younger toddler’s sticker books are great. For older toddlers, paste, and safety scissors will allow your toddler to let their imagination take off.
- Puzzles-Easy to put together puzzles are a great quiet activity for toddlers. Puzzles will keep your toddler busy and engaged while you work.
- · Age appropriate-For toddlers ages 1 to 2, easy, simple, put together puzzles are the best. Offer your toddler big piece jigsaw puzzles of their favorite things or block puzzles that engages their minds. For older toddlers, give them puzzles that require thinking skills.
- · Creative characters-Let toddlers pick their favorite puzzle to put together.
- · Blocks-Block puzzles are fun. Building blocks are a great way for toddlers to have quiet fun.
Activity Specific Ideas
April 9, 2020
We would like to take this opportunity to let you know how much we have been missing our Little Geniuses families! Rest assured, as soon as the Government of New Brunswick deems it is safe for Early Learning Centres to be operational, our doors will once again be open to our community. We have been receiving updates as the public has, through press conferences and other forms of media, and thus have no further updates to share.
Thank you for your continued support and we hope you are all staying safe!
April 7, 2020
Summer Camps are now available to view under After-School Programing
March 26, 2020
As of March 27, 2020 Little Geniuses Day Care Centre Inc. will be closed until further notice. All childcare payments have been suspended at this time and we will reassess periodically. Thank you, to all of our wonderful families who have supported us during this challenging period.